Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here are a few of my favorite things #5

#5:   MINT.COM

Money management has always been something that excites me.  Yes, you heard that right.  I LOVE everything about it.   I love the control involved, I love the planning, and I love the "game" (trying to make more of it/save it).  I was really on cloud 9 when I used to teach personal finance to 12 year olds, starting the foundation of THINKING about $$ and some of the basics in managing it.  

At home, Todd finally gave over the books at some point in the first year of marriage.   Yes, I know he's a "finance guy" but he does a lot better with making the big decisions and is happy to hand the details over to me (with some reigning in at times).   We have always gone with QUICKEN, but it was always so much work!   A few people recently have told me about MINT.COM and we were finally willing to give it a try.   This is a FREE money management website that keeps all your records in one place and keeps it simple.   I am only a few weeks into using this site, but already am very impressed and wanted to pass on the the information in case you were interested.   Hope this helps some of you with your resolutions for this year...happy managing!

No comments: