Friday, August 3, 2012

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I can't believe he's 5!  I just can't believe it.   He is such a treasure (no pun intended...ok, maybe) and I love seeing him become more and more of his own person each year.   He never ceases to amaze me with his intelligence, wit, imagination, kindness and sheer desire to enjoy life to the fullest.   

We (I) decided to get creative with his party this year (no thanks to Pinterest who makes this task even more tangible and annoying all at the same time).   Todd and I truly had a good time with the details and giving our 5 year old a fine good time.  I CANNOT believe I didn't get a picture of the watermelon Todd carved into a shark.  It was pretty awesome.  

The kids' loot (and treasure hunt instructions)  

Pirate Garb

Pirate Instructions

Who wouldn't want an eyepatch and a tat?

This is where we started getting ridiculous....(Ok, the watermelon shark was over the top too) 

Deadmans Punch

Sea Water

Eli didn't want to miss out on the decorating fun


Pirateress

Digging for loot

Captains
After stuffing our faces with Skeleton Bones (pretzels), The Catch of the Day (goldfish), Polly's Crackers (peanut butter crackers) and Pirate Pizza...we decided to ring in the birthday boy.   

I love the "blimey" look on his face in this one! 

Who says pirates can't wear goggles?   
Most of all I loved seeing Eli enjoy being with his mateys AND being five.  I'm excited to see what next year's sails bring in.