Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Info on Anna (Possibly TMI)



This is for our more bored/interested friends and family members.  For those of you who just want pictures, click on the Shutterfly link to the right.  We will add more pictures as time allows.

Alright so here are some more of the details.  I will try to categorize them so those of you that don’t care/are grossed out by some of them can just skip that section : ) 

LABOR/DELIVERY:  I started having consistent contractions at 10:00pm on 12/7/09.    They were not very painful, but were lasting 1 minute and coming every 5 minutes.   After timing them for about 3 hours we decided we may need to start packing up and calling in the recruits!   Todd dad came and we arrived at the hospital at 2 am.   Even though my contractions were coming every 3 minutes they were doing NOTHING!  I was still only dilated at 1 cm after they monitored me for a couple hours.   They were starting to just call it a “Cranky Uterus” which really pi$$ed me off!   All that work for NOTHING?!!?   (granted they weren’t all that painful  I gave them a 4 on the scale of 1-10).   So they said I could either go home and see my Dr. at 8 the next morning or try to walk around to see if that did anything.   I was feeling really embarrassed and tired and knew that Todd had a final that night and was going on no sleep so if this was indeed nothing he was going to have a rough day.  So we decided to go home, get some sleep and see the DR. the next morning.  
We arrived home at 4 :30 am and fell right asleep for 1 hour until Eli woke up (yes you hear right, and yes that is completely normal in our house)  I stood up to get Eli and immediately felt shooting pain in my back so bad that I started crying (and I was REALLY tired so I am sure that added to it).  I laid down while Todd timed them and they were only 2 minutes apart and were lasting 1 1/2 minutes and I could hardly breathe through them.   I knew we couldn’t wait to see my Dr. at 8 and needed to head back to the hospital.   So in between contractions I slowly but surely made it to the car and up to the labor and delivery room (I couldn’t even walk they were so painful).   Once there we were quick to be checked in (since we were just there!)  and they seemed to take FOREVER to check and see that I was indeed in “active” labor this time.  I was screaming for the epidural already : )   Once they checked the sent me to labor and delivery and were great about ordering the epidural right away (I put my pain at a 9/10 this time!) .   We FINALLY received the epidural 10:30 am  (I had to have enough fluids in me, ect. ) 
Through the process of getting the epidural they told me that I have slight scoliosis so that is probably why it didn’t work correctly with Eli…I was a complicated one they said!   They spent some time on it this time to get it exactly right and it was SOOOOO worth it.   I honestly didn’t care if she took days to come once it was working I was so relaxed and comfortable.  I slept in and out all day!   Finally at about 3:00 they said I was complete but Anna’s head still wasn’t ready so they had me labor down for about an hour.   Then at 4:00 they brought everything in, and at 4:30 they had me start pushing.   She was sunny side up just like Eli but they were able to turn her while I pushed!   After only a couple of rounds of pushing they said I need to stop and wait for the DR!   She was basically pushing herself out at this point, and they were about to just take her out but then the Dr. showed up and laughed and said, “now that’s a crowning baby…”.   So of course after one push she was here at 5:06 pm!  


ANNA DAVIS IS HERE!: 
Anna came out crying which was music to her parents ears.   My first thought was “Oh!  She looks like Eli!”   Then after staring at her some more I thought “Oh!  She looks nothing like Eli!”   Todd thinks I’m crazy and says “she looks like a baby.”   But of course I am still analyzing who she looks like : ) 

She weighed in at 8lbs exactly and is 21 inches long.   For those of you that have been wondering, she was due on 12/20 so was 12 days early!!   The crazy fun fact is that I was 12 days early as well…must be a Davis thing (Davis is my middle name as well…)   For 12 days early she is VERY alert and very chubby : )  Her hair seems golden and she has those gray/blue eyes.  (Eli was brown and brown…)  

ELI MEETS ANNA:  
Unfortunately they whisked Anna away 5 minutes before Eli showed up with my parents.   He seemed a little freaked out by my blood pressure cuff (I told him it was an arm bracelet) but other than that was acting totally normal.  After a couple of games of hide and seek in the curtains, lots of chips and oreoes, they headed up to the nursery to catch a glimpse before they had to go home and put Eli to bed.   They held Anna up to the window so he could see her and he was able to touch her foot through the glass : )  We hope for a more formal introduction soon!  

LIFE THE NEXT DAY:
After only 1 hour of sleep the night before we obviously slept like…babies (newborn that is).   Anna is fairly peaceful, alert and a great eater!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful! Can't wait to meet baby Anna.

hear.t. and hue said...

thanks lee lee! she is SO CUTE. i definitely can see eli - in the nose & mouth. but she's so cheeky & her face is so full, unlike her big bro when he was born. but in a day or 2 the swelling will go down & she'll look completely different, i'm sure! davis & libby were that way - totally CHEEKY that 1st day! :) can't wait to meet my little niece. p.s. davis was sunny side up, too! :)

Christi Provost said...

Thanks for the update! I keep wondering what happened to Todd's final. She is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys! I've been waiting for this post!

Rebecca said...

i can see her baby announcement now... with a crown, some angel wings, etc... love the comment "now thats a crowning baby".

Unknown said...

You are such a trooper Leah! Congrats to you an Todd! Can't wait to meet her! xo, Linds