Sunday, March 21, 2010

Eli-isms

*The above picture was taken by Eli, of himself.  Not bad!

1)  Since Todd is in class 2 nights a week I get the pleasure of putting both kids to bed.   I am still trying to decide who to put to bed first, because they both go to bed at the same time.   So I decided to experiment and did Eli first one night and then Anna the next night.   The night I put Anna to bed first I put in a movie for Eli while I fed Anna, ect.   Eli was sitting in a chair and all the sudden I heard, "NO! Stay OPEN!"  He was talking to his eyes, that were getting to heavy for him to handle : )

2) Now that the sun is finally out again, Eli has a new love for his sunglasses.  For some reason he equates them with motorcycles, so he puts them on and says "I'm cool, I ride a Moco Moco".  (Let's hope that impression changes by the time he is 16...thank God 'Joe Camel' no longer is around.)   

3) We were on a walk at my Mom's and we heard a chainsaw cutting down branches/trees/whatever.   Eli's mind immediately thought "Where's the dinosaur?"   He thought the chainsaw was a dinosaur roaring.   (and I wonder why he wakes up at night scared; I would be too if I thought dinosaurs were still among us)

4) He was playing pretend with his cars and they were "talking" to each other.   It's so fun hearing them play pretend because you can sometimes gain perspective on how they view life.    One of his cars said to the other car, "hey do you want to go to the Magic House to get some beers?" ... yep.  

5) Most of you know that Todd was an Accounting major and worked in Accounting for 5 years.  He is now in Finance but hangs on to some of his Accounting ways.  One of his old habits is to stick a pencil behind his ear.   (no he does not have a pocket protector) So whenever he gets home he still has that pencil behind his ear.  Since Todd is Eli's hero he of course picks up on his mannerisms.  I don't have pencils laying around the house for obvious reasons but Eli found his away around it.  He likes to greet Todd at the door with a crayon behind his ear : )

6) Eli is very inventive like his Mom.   Rather than singing the same old boring songs over and over he combined them.   While he was playing I heard him singing, "Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle on the farm.  On that farm they had a Jesus, Jesus loves me so. "    (In case you didn't pick it up it is a mix of Jingle Bells, Old Mc Donald and Jesus Loves me.)  

7) While shopping with his Nana for some new Lightening McQueen shoes, they were trying them on and touching his toes, ect.   Eli just looked up at NaNa and said, "These'll work!".  

8) This one isn't so funny, but just a sign that our little boy is growing up.   While I was feeding Anna Eli decided he wanted to use the potty.  (FYI he is NOT potty trained).   So he took off his pants, took off his diaper, went potty (Standing up!), flushed, ran up to his room, found where I stashed some pull ups, put one on and then put his pants back on.   I think he's ready to start some serious training!   Wish us luck! 

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

He is getting to be such a big boy. I think I have a photo of him with the a pencil behind each ear. I'll send it to you.

Can't wait to see those Lightning McQueen shoes!

Julie said...

Love the magic house and beers comment.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is great how he went potty all on his own!! My favorite is the songs he sings, it is just like how I sing:) Too bad my little girl will never know how an actual song goes!