Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eli-isms


Man, they keep on rolling.... ( I LOVE this age...remind me I said that tomorrow)

*Eli's responses to my requests/?'s usually are greeted with a 'NO' as the auto pilot response.   Lately he has become a little bit more creative and started using 'Maybe' and 'I don't think so'.   i.e. Todd: "Eli, did you poop in your diaper?" Eli "I don't think so".

*Whenever we drive by a construction site he asks, "what happened?".   The street that my mom's house is off of is building a CVS on the corner and it's been in the making for awhile : )  I've been trying to use actual names for things since his vocabulary is multiplying like crazy so I told him they were building a "pharmacy".   He thought about that for a second and said "for pigs and sheep?" I realized all he heard was 'farm' and said, "Oh, no not like a farm.  It's where they sell medicine for people when they are sick."   Eli then had an 'Aha' moment and said "Pharmacy...where sheep, pigs and Daddy get medicine."   Whatever. 

*When playing outside at Grandmas house we used a lot of sports equipment, ect.   At dinner time I asked him to "clean up" and went back inside for something.   When I cam back out he was sweeping her brick patio : )

* One morning Eli was playing in his room and I hear him shout "I NEED JESUS".   I quickly ran up there to see if he was having a spiritual experience or was in real trouble but realized he mean he was looking for his "Jesus" action figure.

*We were driving down the road and saw a flat bed carrying PORTA Potties.  Eli asked what they were and I explained that they were potties that went in the grass when places didn't have restrooms.   He thought about it and then said "Nooooooooooooooo" (Like I was pulling his leg....)

*Eli discovered one of my old Barbies I put up in the playroom and held her by her hair and said, "I don't want this."   When his Grandad said that he would take it with him downstairs after he put Eli to bed Eli said, "No...I want it downstairs NOW."     (So much for sharing his playroom with his sister)

*When my parents were over for Mothers' Day we asked Eli what he did at church that morning.  He said, "I played with 'dirty men' ".   After my mom asked, "What kind of church do you go to again?' we finally realized that what he was saying was that he played in the dirt with little people.   (Why? I still don't know but it is better than the latter) 

*The teasing of his sister has begun...he has started to point to her and saying, "Anna you're a boy".   : (   Poor girl has no clue that he's being mean to her and give him a drooly toothless grin. 

*When I greeted him from his nap today he said "Mom, look this is how I go poop" and then faked it by clinching his butt and grunting...awesome.

*On our way out the door this afternoon he was putting on his shoes and I heard, "NO feet...don't do that."   He was putting his shoes on the wrong feet.   (Of course it is NEVER his fault) 

No comments: