Friday, July 9, 2010

Flashback Friday

OK, so I have to "borrow" another theme from my sister Reeb's blog.   (Hey she abandoned this blog long ago so really I am just carrying it on!)   I HAVE to clean out my photo's both on my computer and out of my basement and get them all in digital form/on CD's (or maybe DVD's).   So this is a way you can walk down memory lane with me!    

First I am going to free up some space on my computer!   So my first flash back will be from as far back as my iphoto will go and that is July 21 2007!   (When Eli was born 3 years ago....)  Here are some snapshots from when our life completely changed!   

 Some of you may remember that we were in the middle of completely rehabbing our house when we found out we were expecting.  Above is a picture of Eli's room (before he arrived) with the new carpet that was installed 3 weeks before he came : ) 


This is a picture of me when I was in labor (you can see the computer in the background monitoring my contractions).  I think the thumbs up is an indication I was feeling good with the epidural.   Little did I know that this would not last long because the epidural needle was not put in correctly!   My left side completely wore off (I found out with Anna this was because my spinal cord is slightly curved...) and he was sunny side up so I experienced the most painful hours of my life.   It was all worth it in the end ( I can say this now...) because....

...Elijah James Warren was born at 8:14 pm (20 hours later) 7 lb 8 oz 20 1/2 " long!   


His Daddy in awe of him!   


Our new family!   


A few of my friends that now 3 year later have a new family of their own!   (Left: Catana and John Pearson, Right: Julie Koboldt and Catana Pearson)


One of my favorite pictures!   Here Eli is demonstrating the "Happiest Baby on the Block" positions (which look/sound creepy but actually WORK!) and I love how small the little guy is.   


Here we are on the way home from the hospital!    We love you E-Bug and can't wait to celebrate your 3 years of life in a few weeks!   

**SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT SENT ME THESE PICTURES AFTER WE LOST THEM ALL 2 YEARS AGO**

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

cutie pie Eli... did you see that I actually made an update yesterday? Shocking, I know!