Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eli-isms


*While talking over breakfast about possible places we may move with Todd's company, Minnesota came up.  Eli asked, "do I get a soda?"
*Eli is pretty into playing I Spy, but not so good at finding something for me to spy.   i.e. A good I spy ? would be, "I spy something red".   Eli however says, "I spy something truck".   When we tell him it needs to be a little bit more difficult he says, "I spy something TRICKY."
*When I told him he was a "smart cookie", he responded "I'm NOT a cookie".  (I told you he was smart)
*As I spotted a firetruck outside I commented, "you have a fire truck like that at home".   He looked down, clearly disappointed and said, "yeah, but mine doesn't have hoses."
*During one of his numerous colds he told me part of his throat was coming up.  Once I registered that he meant phlegm I told him he could spit it out.   Two seconds later a loogey landed at my feet. 
*In the car he needed a tissue.  We keep a stash of napkins in our glove box so I gave him one of those to use.   He became really excited and said, "MOM!  Thank you for my McDONALDS tissue!"
*Upon giggling while going potty he said, "I have bubbles in my pee!"
*After sticking a pencil behind his ear he told Anna, "Look I'm your daddy!"
*One morning I heard him yelling, "My room is on FIRE!"  After I raced up there I realized the heat had just kicked on.
*If he's ever over and tells you his mouth is "hot", it just means he's thirsty : )

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I am so glad you are recording these---he is such a funny kid! Love him to death and can't wait until we have Anna-isms!