Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What to do?

So, there's talk of a blizzard starting any minute.   With a romantic ski trip on the horizon, Todd and I shipped our kids off to Nana's early.   Although I was up until 4 am worrying about them and missing them, I am now looking on the bright side of things and have come up with a list of things I can get done while they are not around. 

Thing that I've accomplished:
1) Check facebook.  
2) Have the TV on as permanent company and background noise.   (This is a big no no when the kids are around...it would cause them to have distractability issues or something.)   (No wise cracks, please)
3) Worry about my crazy husband who went into work today.
4.) Check facebook. 
5) Pass around Groundhogs Day trivia with my BFFL, Julie. 
6) Sell old textbooks online.   I sold an old Child Development book from 9 years ago for $20...wahoo! 
7) Go to post office to ship off #6 b/c I only have 2 days to send it or I lose the sale and $20 seems to be worth more than my life.
8) Share small talk with crazy people like me at the Maplewood Post office.   There were some real characters there...people that like to push the envelope.   (no pun intended) 
9) Check facebook.
10) Look around for more stuff around my house to take pictures of and sell. (but may wait to post until after this crazy storm so that I don't have to go through #7 and #8 again)
11) Check facebook.
12) Spackle all the holes in the walls around my house.
13) Call my husband to tell him he's crazy and he needs to come home.
14) Remember to eat breakfast. 
15) Update blog but waited until #8 was done so that my mom wouldn't worry.

Things I still need to do:
1) Paint areas of house that were patched.
2) Patch kitchen island and stain.
3) Stain trim work.
4) Pack.
5) Call husband to tell him he's crazy and he still needs to come home.
6) Not worry about my kids.
7) Clean up and clean out as much as possible. 
8) Make my chidren's rooms look absolutely perfect so that I don't feel so guilty.
9) Relax.
10) Stop making this list so I can start getting the above done. 

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Good job---glad I made the list! I have some books, too, but decided to wait until mid-March to list them.