Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our journey "home"

A few last thoughts/pictures before I introduce our life in Texas. 

*Saying good bye was much more difficult than I expected.   The level of intimacy and depth in our relationships with others made leaving actually hurt.  Thankfully it is that same level that makes me believe those relationships will not be shaken (at least too much) 
*While hard, I couldn't wait to just rip the band aid off.   With an expected June 5 move date pushed back a few weeks we said some good byes way too early, so we had to say them again, and again, and again.  
*Using a Meyers Briggs reference, I don't have much "F" (feeler) while a lot of my friends do (opposites attract!) so watching them shed tears was very hard to watch and made me feel like I wasn't a good friend because I didn't SHOW my emotion.  Instead I "T'ed" (thought) a lot about you and still do, processing how I am going to stay connected, how you've been great friends, how I will see you again!  
*Todd was sad and experienced a lot of the weight of the decision of moving us to another state.   He constantly analyzed and processed whether this was right for our family.
*I finally cried/let it all out (alone) when I put the key in the lock of our house for the last time.   So much that I had to go back in and walk through each of the room, touching them, remembering Christmas', rehabs, birthdays', bringing each of our children home, card games, Halloween parties, house groups, play dates, ect.
*Don't worry I finally cheered up when it was just the 4 of us in the car driving on our way "home".  A sense of calmness and freedom went over Todd and I when all the goodbyes had been said, business done, rooms cleared out and boxes packed.   It really just comes down to us...the simplicity of our family.  We are not leaving each other.  We will still have Christmas', home projects, birthdays, card games and play dates.   More importantly, we still have our faith in a God that promises never to leave or forsake us.  And last time I checked he reigns in Texas too ; )   (some would say more!)

Here are some happy memories shared before we left!!  (If you don't see one that I shared with you, then I was having too much fun to take pics!! Send me one if you have it...)  

A Texas size party hosted by our friends the Blazers/Mohrs.   (there were better photographers than me there, so I'm hoping they send me some more pics!  Rachel did a fantastic job setting the scene)

Playing at Tower Grover park with Arie

Dinner with the Petersons

Cardinals Game with Grandaddy



Light Saber action with Gavin

Leah and her sorority sisters (sorry Kris, you're lumped in with us!)

High school friends! 

Stop in Springfield, MO to see family...

...and have an early birthday party for Eli!   (Notice the AWESOME death star cake made by his Aunt Kara and Jody)
        More on our life here in Texas in my next blog post!  

No comments: