Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Moving on...

I know some of you have been chomping at the bit to see a glimpse of our new house here in Mckinney.  Yes, we're here!!   We have been in our new house/town (we were in the city of Plano since we left St. Louis) for exactly 12 days and I have to admit...I like it.  I know some of you don't like hearing that because it means I like something other than St. Louis.  Notice I haven't said I LOVE it, yet.  Here are some of the things I "like" already: 

*A garage.  Need I say more?
*A back yard that I can just send my kids out to and see from the kitchen.  Yes, it's hot here.  (Record breaking, even for Texas) However, my kids STILL go out there and have a good time.  We are saving up for a swing set!  
*A family room attached to the kitchen.   In our old house the kids either played upstairs while I cooked, or awkwardly got in the way while I cooked.  Here it is so open that we all can be together without (too much) annoyance : ) 
*The kids have a bathroom and we have a bathroom.  We have always shared with them and while I don't NEED my own space, I really like it.   I even have my own SINK!  (although I did notice a booger in there today and realized I couldn't blame that on anyone else...sorry to gross you out.)  
*A neighborhood pool.  Even though it feels like bathwater, I love it.  
*Grocery stores that have TV's built into their carts.  I am not joking, isn't this ridiculously AWESOME?
*Todd's work is only 15 minutes away.  He even came home for lunch last week!  There is hope for a new building in a few years that will only be 3. miles. away.  That's would be nice.
*Sweet tea.  I am a believer!  Nothing sounds better on a hot afternoon.  (as I'm sipping some right now)

I've been pretty horrible about taking pictures.  My parents were my saviors last week and watched the kids while I unpacked, unpacked, and unpacked!  We then had visitors all weekend/week so we've taken a bit of a break.  Here a just a few photos to hold you over ( a lot of them borrowed from my mom, with cousin/aunt and uncle in them) 

Keys to our new house
    

Kids Play Room.   We are disgusted at the volume of toys we have.

Eli updated the look of his room

This room (our office) is on hold.  This is what they all looked like before we started.

Anna's room is almost done!  I am in love with her window seat!
Our entryway   
A sewing nook!  We'll see if I'm able to keep it here...may be VERY wishful thinking.
Ahhhh...need I say more?

Our Living Room
A GINORMOUS island in the kitchen...I love it.  You can see the family room behind me, and the window lined wall looking out to the back yard.
Family room (kitchen is attached)

Anna's new favorite spot...the fireplace in the family room.  (she's obsessed with seats of any kind)

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

We moss you, but I love your new digs!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

MISS not moss

Preparing for Peanut said...

congrats on the new house!!!! It looks fantastic. Suburb living doesn't look so bad! Hope you are getting all moved in a settled and loving it. Miss you!