Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring "Break"


When you hear "Spring Break" you think of a chance to take a week off from life and responsibilities.   Not for my kids : )   The week began in typical Spring Break style with a visit from our cousin Roman and Aunt Reebs. 
  


We went to Lego Land and had some great fun with the nice weather (well most of us had fun...poor Anna didn't enjoy the sprinklers quite as much).   



  
But our fun times had to come to an end because it wasn't EVERYONES spring break and Roman had to go back to school.   So after they left what did we decide to do?  Potty Train Anna!!!   Yes, I'm crazy.   Just you wait...I get more crazy.   

When I potty trained Eli it took all of an hour.   Granted he was 3 years old and Anna is only 27 month.      One hour is the only experience I had though, and I was expecting the same results using the same methods.  (no, as a parent I still haven't learned that A+B does not necessarily equal C)  I've always heard girls were EASIER than boys so I thought this would be easy-peasy.   We follow what's called the "THREE DAY POTTY TRAINING GUIDE"...  SIXTY "pees" on the floor (and 3 days later) we finally had Anna go on the potty ONCE.   And it was because Todd made her read a book on the potty (which the guide says to NEVER do.)  Still it was enough to make this mom keep going.   (I had already come so far, why stop now?)  So we continued to stay in the house (did I mention you're not supposed to leave?) and clean up pee for a few more days.   We did get a reprieve when our friends the Musketts came over for a St. Patricks Day dinner : ) (however they were greeted at the door with, 'sorry about all the pee...' )   




We slowly but surely were seeing progress (anything was progress : ) )  so we even ventured out to a playground to get some fresh air (but we brought the potty with us!) 




All in all she was a trooper and finally saw success on Day 8, the day before she had to go back to school.  The best trick towards the end was, "we can LEAVE once you go potty" : )  So she (really all of us) would be rewarded with trips outside the house.  


Our fun field trip was to the flower shop to plant some flowers. 
So if you need any tips from the "how to KIND OF train your child in 8 ish days" let me know.   Or never mind I'll give it to you now.   *Keep on cleaning up pee until they get it*.     



1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Wow, I really did not think it would be that hard with her. But, it sounds like she is being successful now! Congrats and hugs to all!