Monday, April 23, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things: IKEA


Some of you are SHOCKED that I haven't already added this to my list.   Ikea has always been an obsession of mine.   Whenever I visited a place that had one within 75 miles, I HAD to go.   One time I even drove 457 miles to go to an Ikea (and Mall of America).   And if that isn't crazy enough, then you need to know that I told Todd I would only move to another city if it had an Ikea ; )   Well, he made my dreams come true.   When we first moved to Dallas we lived in an apartment that had an amazing view: Ikea.  

Here are all the reasons I love Ikea.  

1.) My kids treat it like it's Disney World.   When ever we pull it they get SOOOOooo excited.   (Surely they don't get that from me).  

O.k.  So we've been known to be the first ones there actually waiting for them to open.  

2) A place to drop off your kids while you shop.  Ingenious.  Really it is !   Mom's love it, kids love it, we all love it.   Wouldn't you love it?  Oh, and it's FREE.  



3.)  99 cent breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, potatoes, and coffee all for 99 cents.   What's not to love?   They also have wireless internet and a kids eating area complete with cartoons.   This summer we may be there most mornings (we don't live across the street anymore).  

4.) Family Friendly.  Need to warm up a bottle?  They have a bottle warmer there.   Forgot a diaper?  They keep a stack in the bathroom for you.   Need a bib?  Child Fork?  Play areas throughout the store?  Yep, they have all of that too.   Oh and if you get a Family Card you get a discount on special items each week, free coffee and tea anytime AND an extra half hour in the play area.
5.) Products. They're hip, functional and cheap.   Even if you are decorator challenged their entire upper floor give you ideas and item codes to right down what you like so you can pick it up downstairs in the market.   Here are some of our most used products:

*Craft supply boxes:  perfect for scissors, crayons, etc.   $2.99

*Storage System: Great to organize all of our art supplies!   $100

*Train Set:  This was the perfect beginner set when Eli was 1.   $10

*Stuffed Rats:  Seriously Anna's favorite stuffed animal: $3

*Snack Bowls:  Perfect size!  $2/ 6 bowls



*Serving Bowl: This thing is about 8" in diameter and is $2.99!!!!  

*Placemats:  Great for outside!   $2.99/4


*Storage Boxes:  $8/2 


*Picture Frames: $2.99/2


*Freezer/storage bags: I know I'm weird, but why not buy super cute versions of the things you use everyday?   ESP. at this price:  $3.99/30 or $2.99/50 (depending on size)  




I would LOVE for you to tell me your favorite things about Ikea so I can gush even more when I am there.   If you haven't gone...you need to.  It's an experience!  

1 comment:

Wohlschlaeger Family said...

May I just say that I am sickened by this post. I love that place so much it makes me sick. I am full of jealousy. I don't even know about those cute placemats!!! uh..you're so lucky. I sort of can't believe that you and I never drove to Ikea together....