Friday, September 28, 2012

EAisms

I promised 1 of my 4 fans that this next post would not be a sad one, but after this it's fair game ; )  



Anna:
*Todd's Aunt and Uncle have a cat named "Precious", whom she adores!   Her Grandaddy, however, calls Anna precious to which she responds: "I'm NOT Precious, I'm Anna!"
* She calls her "CareBear" "Scary Bear".   (For no other reason than she thinks the names sound similar)
*While in the kitchen with her Grandaddy she accidentally put her Nonny (blanket) on the stove top and it...burned.   She woke up the next morning asking for ' HOT 'Nonny.
*When we went to Broken Bow Lake this past summer (in which we spent majority of the time on a boat), we finally were able to get her to go potty on the various islands.   When we came home my friend Rachel watched the kids while I taught.  Well, we trained Anna well because she went potty (Not #1!) in her backyard :(  We still owe Rachel a steak dinner!
*When blinking her eyes she said "Look Mom!  My eyes are lightening."  (Try it, she's right)
*She has a little bow on the back of her swimsuit that she refers to as her "little wings".  
*She has begun putting her life to song...sharing her fears, joys and general randomness...proceed to video below.




Eli:
*In the kids' bathroom I have Mickey Mouse Soap dispensers (Method brand found at your Target!) and Eli said, "This soap even smells like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!"
*While at his 5 year check up we were making animal noises to try to calm Anna down (she apparently had remembered what happened last time she was there) and Eli pulls out a really strange noise.  I said, "What is that Eli?"  He responded (in front of his Dr.), "It's a MACHINE GUN and its shooting the bad guys that are coming".  Niiiiiiice.  The Dr. now thinks I let him play video games with guns all day long.   (Now that I think about it his Star Wars Wii game may have a bit of that)
*When he turned five he made comments all day like, "I can reach Dad's sink now!" and "I can fit into these shoes now!", like he'd grown overnight : )
*One day while driving he said, "Mom I think your tires are flat."  I responded, "Why do you think that, Eli?"  He said, "because your driving so Slowwwww".
*He showed us a craft he made one day and said, "This is from SOB".  It took me a second to process. Finally it occurred to me...VBS (Vacation Bible School).   (DONT ask where he pulled SOB from, maybe that's in his Star Wars game too...)
*Todd was in the middle of telling me while in the car that I was being too loud (go figure).   After a second of silence Eli said, "Awk-ward".   Ha!