Monday, November 19, 2012

New Direction



So I'm going to make this very straightforward just so you aren't confused because of this previous post:   I AM PREGNANT, AND WE ARE EXPECTING OUR THIRD CHILD IN MAY 2013.   

No, we were not "expecting" this, but YES we are absolutely excited.  God knows I wanted a third child, and this is how He has chosen to bless us.  I am extremely thankful.  This pregnancy has been my most difficult thus far and I have had what's felt like the stomach flu for the past 6 weeks.  (No worries, my body refuses to lose weight, even when I throw up 5 times a day).   So if I have failed to call, email, text, facebook, smile at you, etc. just know I have been in survival mode the past few months.

What does this mean for our adoption?  It is on hold indefinitely.   I called the agency right away to let them know, and they said I could call them back once the child was 9 months : )   I will never say never, BUT I do not believe that will be happening.  To be completely honest, while sitting in those classes I coveted the empty nesters and their stage of life.   My heart upon hearts was longing for an older child either in middle or high school.   With the ages of our kids however I didn't think that was the best move for our family.   I'm not going to try to guess God's plans for our life, but that is the most sense I can make of the events that have lead us to this moment.

Todd's one request is that we don't find out the sex of the child, so sorry...just like me you'll have to wait until May to see how this all unfolds : )

2 comments:

Bailey Mohr said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so excited for you all, and can't wait to walk with you all, from afar, as you grow your family. You are in my heart and prayers every day. Love you soooo much!

Stacy said...

Congratulations!! So funny how the Lord works!! Will pray for a smooth rest of the pregnancy!