Thursday, January 14, 2010

Elmo's World



Todd came home from work last Friday with a surprise for all of us...tickets to go see Sesame Street Live!  Anyone who has parented a 2 year old knows that 1) They ALL love Elmo and 2) You would be an idiot to tell them that they were going to meet Elmo until you were actually face to face with Elmo.   Well, I am the idiot that told my son the night before : )  I will learn my lesson one of these days!   I personally love anticipating fun events and do not like surprises (it ruins the fun of looking forward to it for me) so I think everyone is that way.   Well they aren't, especially not 2 year olds.  

After we bundled up on Saturday morning we all headed out to meet the crew of Sesame Street and it was actually (I'm not lying) FUN!   To watch your child enjoy something so thoroughly definitely rubs off no matter what it is they are doing (well, maybe not flood the bathroom which he did the following morning...)   We decided to REALLY spoil him and introduce him to cotton candy as well : )   The only rough part of the experience was talking him into a nap when it was all said and done!  

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Sounds like fun---reminds me of when we took Rebecca to see Mr. Rogers in Pittsburgh!