Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eli-isms

 

My sister, Rebecca, started doing "Roman-isms" with her son at about this age and I always find them hysterical.   Eli has begun not only the terrible part of the twos but most importantly (and the part I want to dwell on) the comedy of the twos.   We finally know what goes on in that head of his!   I was saving them to write down but now they just keep on rolling so I thought I would document them on our blog so you guys could get some laughs too!  Some of these things are stories I am sure we will repeat for years. 

This one is from a few weeks ago:  Eli was supposed to be taking a nap, when I hear "MOM!" Normally (I hate to say this to the public...) I would ignore it.   He loves finding new ways to get me up there.  This time however there was a strange tone to the way he said it, like he was in awe of something.   So I had to see what was going on (make sure there wasn't a bird flying around his room or something...yes that happened this past weekend).   When I got up there he started talking about Dinosaur bones.   In my head I was thinking "when did I talk about or see dinosaur bones?"   I asked him to show me what he was talking about.   He took me over to his window and pointed up to the roof line.   He again said "Dinosaur bones" and the lightbulb finally went off in my head...."Oh Eli...those are ICICLES".   

*the Clean up song:  For those of you that don't know Barney (the Dinosaur) has a great clean up song.  "Clean up, Clean up everybody everwhere. Clean up, Clean up everybody do your share. "   Eli has changed the words..."Clean up Clean up everybody needs to share.  Clean up clean up everybody's here. "   At least he still cleans up while he sings it.... (what's sad is he thinks putting toys away means people are coming over...) 

*Speaking of singing....:  We used to always laugh at Grandma Grete's story of her son Blake saying, "no sing mommy, no sing" when she sang him to sleep.   Well it has come back to bite us...any time I even tap my foot to the rhythm of a song I get an emphatic "NO mom don't sing."  

*Hey Party Peoples!: Taken after a famous rap song Eli now refers to more than one person as PEOPLES.  "Good night Peoples" "Let's dance Peoples".

*Time out: Eli has his daily share of these, but he has also started to put me in time out any time he sees me breaking the rules (throwing my keys on the table, tossing the remote to Todd...)  My response? "sure I would LOVE to go to time out...point me in the right direction!"  

*DVD Player: When I started to put in a DVD for him I hesitated because I wanted to catch the end of a news segment.  Well he must have thought I had a brain lapse and didn't know how to work it so he came over took the DVD out of my hand put it in the player and pressed PLAY and said "there mom thats how you do it..."  

*Babe: I don't know where he got this from but as soon as we buckled up in the car this morning Eli said, "Let's go Babe".   (I knew I looked good this morning, but...) 

*Jesus:  Last night we were driving by a church with a statue of Jesus in front if it.   Eli asked "Who is that?"  I said "Jesus".   A couple of minutes later he said, "Daddy, you didn't say 'hi' to Jesus".   

*Cardinals:  Todd's personal favorite.   Yesterday they were playing outside and saw a Cardinal.  Todd said "Look Eli, what is that?"   Eli said, "that's a baseball bird".   We train them young here...



2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

My favorite wasn't anything he said, but when he swayed back and forth in front of the TV with your white remote pretending to play Wii.

It's a funny age!

Anonymous said...

oh these were funny!