Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to...ME!!

I have to hurry up and do this blog post before my Dad's Birthday on Saturday!  I don't want to steal his thunder : )   I DID want to explain what we did to celebrate the big 3-0!  

On the big day, Phil DID see his shadow and I don't think he was lying...6 more weeks of winter!  We went over to my parents house for fun times (and lunch!).   Then we rushed home to meet my girlfriends from college (and HS) who were coming over to wine and dine me!   Despite having 2 kids to get off to bed (Todd had class) we were able to celebrate in style complete with a birthday cake and a glass of wine after the kids were safely in their beds : )   Oh and I can't forget the POP ROCKS that helped me remember my youth.   (If the picture looks like it was taken by someone under 5 ft...it was...Jessica's niece Tori took it for us and did a great job!)

The birthday fun didn't end on Tuesday!   Thanks to a wonderful husband I was able to take the day on Saturday and go on a shopping spree.   He was so thoughtful to ask his Dad to come and help out and he brought Anna to the mall so I could feed her.   (she has yet to take a bottle...that is one of our goals in month 3!)  We had a fun lunch at the food court and then I was able to shop some more!   

 

That night we got all dressed up (Ok, Anna did..) and went out for a Birthday Dinner!   We went to Uno's which haves my absolute, #1 fave dessert.   Todd bought it for me for our wedding night and it is what I want whenever I "deserve" something special.   It is a taste of heaven here on earth.   What is it?  A massive peanut butter cup with a chocolate cookie crust, creamy peanut butter and chocolate chip inside, capped with a crown of chocolate.  Is that not enough?  Well it has a peanut butter and fudge drizzle to put on top : )   






*Anna all dressed up (hey it's MY party she can cry if she wants to!   She's my girl though and loved the shoes...)  
When we arrived home Eli was really upset and we finally realized (through his hiccups) it was because he never was able to sing Happy Birthday to me : (  What a sweet little guy.  So we had birthday chocolate and sang!

Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun birthday!!!   Todd and I hope to take a trip once Anna gets a little bit older this summer to celebrate both of our birthdays in style.    I definitely feel blessed to have great friends and family, 2 beautiful children, and a rock star husband.  Love you all!!!   

1 comment:

Julie said...

Anna looks so adorable in these photos. I am always so consumed with my little gal that I never get to hold your sweet pea. My turn to hold her next time!