Sunday, February 14, 2010

Full of LOVE!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!    Here are some ways we have celebrated this LOVELY day : ) 


  1. Arie's Valentines Party:  On Thursday we attended our first Valentines Party hosted by Eli's friend Arie.   As a token of our love we had a heart cookie cake and a Tinkerbell balloon that was a HIT with the ladies.  Anna dressed up in her "ridiculously cute" dress from my Aunt Donna, and shoes from her Papa.  They had fun making valentines, playing hide and seek and EATING CANDY.   Pretty much the only thing Eli remembered about the party (sorry Bailey) was the candy.   Don't worry, I remembered a great time with friends and cute kids : )  Thanks for a great time ladies!   



 2. Valentines Breakfast: While Eli opened his cousin Roman's Valentine and Anna looked cute, we made breakfast.  I had visions of a Gourmet magazine entry in my head of heart shaped raspberry pancakes topped with a raspberry sauce drizzle and snow capped with a dusting of powdered sugar.   What did it really look like?  Open heart surgery outside on a snowy day.   They tasted really good and that is all that counts.  Eli even called them doughnuts, and that is the best compliment he could give me!


3. Present Opening:  Ever since Christmas Eli is all about presents.   I had to tell him 100 times that at Arie's party he was not receiving presents, but that there would be crafts, food, ect.   He either didn't believe me or he didn't hear me because he kept on practicing his "present opening" lines in the car.... "Thank you" and "Oh my goodness" and "What else is in there?".   So I bought the lil' guy something as one of the many ways I wanted to show him (them) how much I love them.   (yes I did get his "present opening" lines... I also got a "COOL" thrown in there!) 


4. Eli and Mommy Shopping Trip:  Eli opened his Valentine from his Grandparents and immediately was on board with the idea to spend his "money's".   So I packed him up and we went to the Dollar Tree and had a blast spending his mini fortune.   I did have to steer him away from a few things (a glass cat, a ginormous spelling poster, and a package of easter eggs) but ultimately he made his own decisions for what he wanted to spend his money on.   What did he end up with?   1) Astro boy (once we opened him he looked kinda freaky because of the paint job...hence the $1 store...and eli wanted me to take the "stickers" off his face. )  2) "THE HULK" race car (I think another kid had played with it...it was out of it's package and I couldn't find anymore, but he REALLY wanted it) 3) Diego stickers (already used up and in his sticker book).    Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!  


5.  Anna's Photo Shoot: Of course my personal favorite : )  She is just so friggin' cute!  

 

Hope everyone feels loved today!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

So, you really think those shoes went with that dress?

She is quite the personality especially when wearing a hat!

I am so proud of Eli spending his $$$ on such quality products!

Anonymous said...

this post made me laugh! OMG! Anna is adorable and those pancakes are hilarious! the thought was there!

Emily said...

I can't stop laughing! Sounds like it was a great celebration!