Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anna and Ashleigh

Let me give you a little history first.   I have known Doug since....forever : )   Doug is my cousin (my mom's sister's son) and is 3 years older than me.   I would like to say that we've always been super close but I was the youngest cousin so I am guessing it is just uncool to be friends with the youngest (poor Anna).   Lets skip ahead to 7 years ago when Doug moved to St. Louis (correct me if I'm wrong mom, I know you will) after accepting a job at STAGES.   We started hanging out more and Doug eventually started attending our church.  We joined a "house group" together, and after getting to know him more and more as a friend I realized how PERFECT he would be for my friend, Christi. 

I met Christi my first week at MIZZOU.   She was at Todd's first apartment hanging out with mutual friends and we just hit it off.  We attending RUF (campus ministry) together and eventually met together with a small group of girls on a weekly basis.   I have never met a more fun, loving and loyal friend!   Oh and let me just add that she sang showtunes to herself just for fun : ) 

So I played matchmaker and invited them both to my house for a party (I forget the original reason but neither of them were aware I was doing this) and Christi just happened to bring Doug's fave dessert...gooey butter cake.   Let's just say it was love and first sight and they talked on our back porch the entire night (and no I was not giggling at them from the window.)  

Now they have been married for 4 years and have a baby girl, Ashleigh Grace, born less than 2 months after Anna!   The only unfortunate part is that they moved to Tucson, AZ and the girls just now had a chance to meet.    Thanks to our friend Katrina we had a little photo shoot while hanging out with that same group of girls that met in college (so great seeing you girls!!)  If you are interested in going through 87 photos (narrowed down from 210!) go to our shutterfly site to the right.   If not, here are just a few of my faves!   Enjoy!




**Be looking for the boutique "Anna and Ashleigh" coming to a town near you in the year 2040.**

To read more about the Provosts, (Doug, Christi and Ashleigh) click here

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I didn't quite make it through the 87 photos, but I love the ones you chose. Katrina did a great job! And, I have no corrections to your story!

You make me sound like such a "buzz kill" fact checker. :-)