Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Recap

Before I get ahead of myself (I now have 2 more blog posts in the works) I wanted to capture Easter because it was such an amazingly fun weekend.
We kicked off the weekend with a Bunny Breakfast at my parent's church.   They provided games, Easter egg hunts and the Easter bunny!  Eli had a blast.    






Next, the Dad's took all the kids on an "adventure" to Castlewood Park.  They had so much fun seeing dog's, trains, and most of all the great outdoors!!



When they arrived home, Grandma took them on a walk (a. k. a. parade) around the block wearing costumes! 
 The fun day then had to come to an end so we celebrated Davis' Birthday and said goodnight so we could have a good nights sleep before Easter.  

Easter morning after getting the kids all dolled up (eli complete with a hat and tie!) we rushed out the door (without pictures) to make the service by 8:30 am.   We decided to take some short cuts and poor Eli got carsick about 5 min from the church : (   So after we cleaned him up, watched a Dora Easter special (after I tried to read him the story of Easter from his Bible...) the other kids came home and found that the Easter bunny was busy while they were away!  


After breakfast the kids were officially ready to begin "THE HUNT".    The hunt is a serious tradition in my family.  Lets just say I have never NOT hunted...I am 30...I am the youngest (adult).    We even have a rule book that is strictly followed : )  I am beginning to think this may never change and I sure hope it doesn't!! 


 All in all we just had the perfect Easter weekend.   We had beautiful weather, enjoyed family....


... it was pretty much all it was cracked up to be!! 


When the weekend came to an end, the kids were completely wiped out...


...and with the joy of the weekend in my heart I was able to reflect on all the Lord blessed us with through his resurrection.  I love this refrain of "Amazing Grace"  remake from Chris Tomlin, and think it is such a beautiful picture of the story of Easter.   

My chains are gone; I’ve been set free. My God, my Savior, has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy reigns. Unending love. Amazing grace.

May the true story of Easter dwell in your hearts all year long!  

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

awwwwww too cute!!!!! makes me wish i had a family blog to post all my easter pics on. oh wait. i do? oh yeah. :) ha ha ha loved seeing you guys & can't wait to see you again this weekend!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo