Monday, June 14, 2010

Eli-isms


I am kind of kicking myself this time around because I know there are SO MANY MORE that I have not written down, but here's a pretty hilarious list despite my brain lapse.

*Eli is starting to pick up on some of our 'excuses' and turning them on us.    i.e., "Eli can you sing Anna a song?"  .... "No, I'm too tired"... "Eli, do you want to color?" ...."maybe later". 

*During one of his whine fests I said, "Oh you poor boy".  His response, "IM NOT POOR.  IM 2!"  (As if we needed the reminder)

*He is beginning to use manners without prompting which makes my heart melt/giggle to myself.   If he accidenteley drops something he says "I'm sorry mom".   At the dinner table if there is a lull in the conversation he says, "so, ummm...what did you guys do today?".   He even is holding his safety gate open for me to go first!   What a little gentleman. 

*Piggybacking on the above -ism, his actions aren't always heart felt.   After going into time out for hitting his COUSIN, he went over to apologize and mumbled, "Sorry Anna".   (Not only did he use the wrong name, but saying 'sorry Anna' just slips off the tongue!) 

*This always comes as a shock when I see someone do this, but my own flesh and blood is an even bigger shocker!   When offered chocolate/brownies/cookies he now says "not right now mom, I'll save it for later. " 

*He now says "Hey ladies" and "Good night ladies" (in reference to Anna and me)

*When he really needs something/doesn't know who to ask for he just combines our names..."MOMDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*When asked NOT to throw rocks into our pond he claimed it needed to swim..."It just swims differently than fish, Daddy".   (Yeah, we know)

*When seeing a flock of geese flying over our house: "Look Daddy!   Those geese are pretending to be airplanes!"   : )

*One day he said, "Mom, I want to go camping with Daddy so I can go pee outside".   

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

He's a doozy---I love how courteous and socially appropriate he has become!

hear.t. and hue said...

oh leah. HILARE. HILARE! not sure what my fave is. maybe the geese pretending to be airplanes.

Anonymous said...

love this post!