Monday, December 13, 2010

WONDERful!

Anna's next party was Wonderful!   After throwing my friend, Bailey, an "unshower" in October I just had to do a Madhatter Tea Party/Alice in Wonderland party for Anna.  I thought it would be fun celebrating with my sorority sisters since Anna's friend, Annie, would be turning one as well!  I was envisioning "Adults Only" (except for Anna and her friend Annie, of course) with a proper tea, fancy dresses and my china.  Well, we had all of the above AND MORE. 

One of my sorority sisters, Lindsay, works for a local magazine and pitched the idea of covering our party.   They loved the idea and after much prodding (o.k., absolutely NO prodding) I enthusiastically agreed for them to feature the tea party in their magazine!

So, the party grew into something even more amazing and fun than I imagined.    Once I started gathering ideas of what I wanted the party to look like, what food I wanted to make, ect. friends and family helped work their magic.   I don't want to share too many more details, because after all I wouldn't want to be redundant when you read about this in the magazine (details to follow), but lets just say I am in awe over how talented, creative and beautiful the people in my life are!   They volunteered their time, decor, and gifts to give my "baby" girl the most WONDERful first birthday party.   Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

The following pictures were taken by my friend, Krista (thank you!  She also made the cool cake), these are not taken by the photographer...those will have to wait.  These are pretty WONDERful though!!   










No comments: