Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Texas Tuesday

I just want to reiterate that this particular blog theme is not just what is purely Texan, but what is different about our life here in Texas.  Not that everyone experiences Texas in this way, but what WE experience in Texas and scratch our head at.   Sometimes in a good way, and sometime in a....surprised way.

So today I want to point out our trash collection.  Yes, our trash.  We have yet to follow the rules correctly.   We've received notes, comments and neglect.   Here are some of the rules we have to follow:




  • Have your cart(s) curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.  {ok.  I can do that.  But, yes they are there and if you snooze, you lose.}
  • Place cart(s) at least three feet apart; includes mailboxes, utility meters, poles, fences, etc. {So, we have 3 carts...all 3 feet apart...not close to poles or mailboxes...Todd and I think we need to just scatter them up and down our driveway}
  • All trash must be inside the cart! Items outside the cart will not be collected.{A little harsh, but it sure does look pretty on trash day.  They don't mention it here, but it has to be THEIR cart.  So not hodge podge cans hanging out.  One blue, one green.  My sister would be sorely disappointed at the lack of dumpster diving opportunities.}
  • The front of the cart (side with the serial number) should be facing the street.  {No comment...but come on, seriously?}
  • All contents should be bagged with the cart lid closed to prevent spillage.
  • An overloaded cart will result in non-collection.  {yep.  That's us}

 Insert Maplewood, MO.   Land of the free (in the context of trash day).   We put out carpet, appliances, wood, drywall, toilets, etc.  I was even tempted to put Eli out there once because I knew they'd take him away.   Did it look fancy?  Nope.  But I'm just giving you some insight into where we're coming from.  

So tomorrow I'm armed and ready.  I have my rules printed off and highlighted, my tape measure, and my super soaker in case they give me any more c$#*.  

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

LOL but there sure look purty all lined up at even intervals!