Sunday, October 23, 2011

What is art?

Art is : "the product or process of deliberately arranging items (often with symbolic significance) in a way that influences and affects one or more of the senses, emotions, and intellect." 


My 4 year old has become quite the little artist.   I love SEEING what he is thinking.   He is such a cool kid, with cool ideas and I'm finding it hard to part with some of his finest especially because they are so symbolic of him and they have a story behind them.   So, I decided to throw them up on the blog so that I could share them here AND they will then have a permanent home.    

Exhibit 1 "Mom in the Garden"
  Don't you just love my makeup?!?  He definitely captured my beauty and favorite hobby ; ) 

Exhibit 2: "Star Wars Battle" 
To the left we have Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker with their light sabers (and a tie fighter in the corner) and to the right....can you guess?  Look at the hair...look at the gun...you guessed it.   Lando!

Exhibit 3: "Man with the Angry Face"

When picking him up from school, we are greeted first thing by their artwork from the day.   I see all of these smiling faces looking back at me and then I find Eli's.   I believe they were asked to make a face...very well done I might add.  (His teachers promise me he loves school)  

Exhibit 4: "Picture Hunt"
 While painting in the backyard he brought us both pictures of the St. Louis Arch and asked if we could find the DIFFERENCES.  We had a hard time...I'll give you a hint.  There's more than 1 difference.   

Exhibit 5: "Family Portrait"
  No commentary necessary...just a great picture!!  He even remembered belly buttons for him and Todd (or are those not belly buttons?)  

Exhibit 6: "Speed Train"
I love this one because this is one of those things that is constantly on his mind.   I love seeing what it looks like on paper and I think he did a pretty good job.   He really wants to master the "steam engine" next, so we'll keep you posted : ) 



2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Great art, ELI! And great imagination!

Julie said...

Great blog post!