Friday, January 6, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...

I was going to TRY to fit all of our Christmas celebrations into ONE blogpost, but I it would be so large no one would bother reading it (unless of course you needed something to put you to sleep).  So to spare you I thought I'd break it up a little bit.   

I going to begin with our little family celebration before we skipped town...a party for Jesus.   After celebrating the Advent season almost every night as a family, Todd and I felt like we needed to wrap it up before the hustle and bustle of family and friends.   

We started by baking a cake (for our kids, it's not a true birthday party without cake).  


 Eli really thought that Jesus would like blackberries and strawberries on his cake and I agreed.  So the kids carefully placed each berry...





...and voila!   A birthday cake fit for a King : )   
 Before we cut into the cake we opened presents to each other, from each other.   We let the kids shop for one another, and either they were too young, or I was too young for this to work out.   I just couldn't buy what they wanted to buy...I just couldn't!!   An Elmo book for $18?  No way!   So I may have manipulated this process more than I would have liked...maybe next year I can practice a little more restraint : )   Each person received 3 presents, just like Jesus did on his birthday.  (The kids didn't even notice I had switched out some of the gifts they had picked, thank you Jesus!)   
 

After presents we sang Happy Birthday and read the story of Jesus' birth.   


If you have 5 minutes, you can listen/watch from the Jesus Storybook Bible too (by far the best version for kids and adults : )!!   Such a great story, no matter what time of year.   



Happy Birthday Jesus!  We are more thankful than we'll ever know that you were born!   

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Yay, an update. For what it is worth, I have a couple of posts you can refer to since they are your photos antwat!