Monday, January 9, 2012

On the SECOND day of Christmas...

After our intimate family Christmas, the kids and I headed to St. Louis.   I had prepared myself for one of the worst days of my life having to drive and entertain the kids all by myself, but the Lord was very gracious and actually made the trip quite enjoyable (despite NEITHER of them sleeping).    I am very thankful for our new car with plenty of room and a built in DVD player...it was a life saver.   

After a brief stop at Aunt Kara's, I took the kids to their Nana's house in Windyville, MO.   It was our first time at her new home and after I saw all of the land, the views AND the horses I knew they would have a good time.   I then headed BY MYSELF to St. Louis for 5 days of ME time.   It was wonderful, yet exhausting (if you can believe that).   I not only had fun filled days with my parents (which included thrift shopping and working out) but every night was a fun filled night with friends that I miss terribly.   

My first night was pretty low-key seeing "Breaking Dawn" with 2 dear friends.   After the movie we (of course) chatted until almost midnight outside of the theater : ) 

(Since I didn't take a photo with the ladies, I thought one of Robert Pattinson would suffice)




 The next day I spent some time with some other awesome women just catching up and spending time in one of my favorite places (The Watkins/Janous home in Maplewood...they shared a 2 family a few blocks away from us)  This visit was bitter sweet because the Janous' were packing up (literally the moving truck was there) to take them to Seattle.   Their house is actually "for sale" if you are interested, and you would get awesome renters (the Watkins) built in!      

(just click on the HERE if you are interested in buying their house...it's AWESOME!)


That night I met with my sorority sisters (plus Krista!) at my pledge mom, Kim's house.   It was a great night filled with fondue, champaign, white elephants (of which my friends don't understand the meaning of a white elephant...I walked away with Starbucks coffee and a Banana Republic necklace), and plenty of laughs.   
Krista (who wishes she was a Tri-Delt) : )

Our "White Elephant" exchange


Group Photo A

Group Photo B  (Can you spot the difference? )*

My Camera was on continuous shoot so we had some fun with the final photos : )

*Answer: Amy!  She decided to hide during all (most) of this.   I guess she was afraid I'd blog about it later : )
The next night I met with my RUF girls (the campus ministry Todd and I were apart of while at MU).  Once again late night, laughs, etc., etc.   (see what I mean by fun, yet exhausting? I felt like I was in college again!)   Thanks Katrina for hosting!  
RUF girls (minus Christi and Emily)
The next (and final) night I was joined by my handsome husband and we went out on the town with our dear friend the Mohrs.   We didn't bring our fancy camera, but we did have our new i phones : )  We went to Sasha's and enjoyed a fancy dinner and had a great time catching up (until February when they are coming for a visit!)    

Bailey and me

Tim and ... his beer ?!?
 Before we picked up the kids on our way to Kansas City, I decided to fit in yet another get together for breakfast with some more sorority sisters that I was unable to see previously.    It was great to see/meet all of their little ones (minus Evie)!    



As you can see my week of being "single/kidless" was all that I'd hoped it would be (and more!)  Usually after a period without the kids I am rested and ready to jump back into motherhood.   This time I was just ready for a nap!

No comments: