Monday, February 20, 2012

These are a few of my Favorite Things + Recipe


I <3 eMeals

Can I bare to repeat how awesome EMEALS has been for me?    Just wanted to encourage you once again to join because not only do they now have an all organic plan AND a Whole Foods plan that matches up the coupons and specials deals of the week, BUT I also found out I get a pretty awesome kickback if you do : )   So make sure if you are convinced by my sales pitch to click on this link:
 

Due to some new diet changes in our family (namely the removal of dairy) the Whole Foods plan has been pretty awesome for our family and believe it or not has fit in our budget (as long as I replace 2 of the meals with a spaghetti and breakfast night!).    Let me give you an example of a recipe that my mom and I had last week that I NEVER would have tried before, but was delicious : )   (mom, this is the round about way I am sending you this recipe...)   


Sausage, White Bean and Collard Green Soup

1 lb hot Italian Sausage, casings removed 
1 c chopped onion and 1 t minced garlic
6 c low-sodium chicken broth   (**another $$ saving tip is to make your own!)  
16 oz pkg frozen chopped collard greens, thawed
2-15oz cans cannellini beans, drained.   

In a lg Dutch oven (aka a big ol' pot...) cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is browned and crumbly.   Drain.  Add broth, collard greens and beans.   Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Simmer 20 min. Serve with cornbread (Found in the bakery section of Whole Foods if you're short on time!)   

Enjoy!   I'm off to make Fettuccine in a olive oil sauce with peas and lemon zest for the night... (and believe it or not I think Eli and Anna are stuck in Anna's crib and I need to bail them out.)  

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Thanks---I was telling a friend about it in Target yesterday, so I am putting your blog on her Facebook page.