Saturday, May 25, 2013

EAisms




Some of these are so old I already forget the context : (   Anna is at that age where EVERYTHING that comes out of her mouth is an "ism"...I love it. 


Anna:

* In the above picture, she's wearing a swimsuit top under her shirt, "just like Mommy".   Glad that phase is over (for now)
*Ever since the Superbowl she has been going on and on about how she wants to be a "Turbie" (???)  We had no idea what she was talking about, but knew she always wanted to 1)wear a skirt 2) go topless and 3) walk provocatively.    I finally showed her a Beyonce video (who performed at half time on Superbowl) and she SQUEALED with delight saying "Look MOM!  There are lots of Turbies!!)   (So basically Turbie = something we aren't encouraging.) (I did point out that they were wearing tops, although slight, before shutting it down) 

Before you think we are HORRIBLE PARENTS, here are some more innocent 3 year old ones (but we are aware we need to keep our eyes on her!!)

*Anna sings... a lot.   Sometimes it's more than we can handle.  One time we asked if she could "sing in her head".   She was quiet for 30 or so seconds and then whined, "It's not wooooorkinggg...."
*When moving her rooms in Feb, she headed for the hills one night (aka as her old room) and said "I want to go to sleep in my non bad dream room".   : (
*"Look Dad I'm gerbel-ing".   (aka dribbling; a basketball)
*"I hear my echo....where is he?"
*When Dad was growing out his facial hair, she asked, "Do you have ants on your face Daddy?"
*She's really starting to read into songs...I never do.  I just like to sing them without thinking.   She wants to know they why on every single lyric or just make it up.   For example the Mumford and Sons song, "I will wait for you" she said "awwwwwwe.  That's nice.  He's waiting for his friend to go potty.  "



 or the Christina Perri, "Jar of Hearts" song... she asked, "Why did she forget her name?"  



*The other day she looked at me and said, "I have 2 problems mom.   My Hello Kitty cup is broken, and my picture I made is falling apart.   That's it.  2 problems."   (Well that's a relief.) 






Eli on the other hand is becoming much more thoughtful and less "ism" ish.   There are still some great lines he come up with. 

* "Mom I think you are 'neeker' "  (Unique)
*"I can't wait until the baby is 16...I will be 36 and have my own phone.
*"The Devil is tricky.   He will call the police on you when you've done nothing wrong." (can't wait until he tries that line on the police)
*I like using my vampire teeth. 
*He called something we did (don't remember!) "so homeschool".   I think he meant "old school".
*While his Dad was reading and highlighting in his book Eli asked, "are you circling your sight words Daddy?"

Have a great day!!!!   


1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Thanks for sharing! I love them!