Tuesday, May 7, 2013

She is CRABBY...

...my uterus that is.   For the past three weeks I have been to the hospital 3 TIMES!  I  know I said I couldn't wait to go but, I didn't mean it (like that).   The first time I went in they ultimately gave me a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions because I was only 34.3 weeks along.   The next time they hooked me up to an IV and gave me a sweet pain med to stop the contractions.   The THIRD time, they did actually let me walk to see if I would progress but...nothing.  She is just CRABBY and not wanting to let the little one out : )  So what is a crabby utererus?  Well it's a actually called an Irritable Uterus (IU) and basically means that you look and feel like you are in labor, but you aren't.  Fun, eh?  You look on their fancy monitor to see that you are in fact not crazy, and sure enough you are contracting every 2 minutes but nothing is happening to your cervix.   

At this point (now that I am basically 37 weeks) I have been told to go in if they don't go away with a tylenol.   So embarrassing, and frustrating all at the same time.   Todd and I jokingly call them our very expensive date nights because we get to spend so much quality time together : )  Regardless, the baby is healthy and I am too!   Those are both blessings and I am very excited to meet him/her when my uterus finally allows it.   

Until then here are some pictures from the "recycled shower" that my sweet, sweet friends threw me here in Mckinney.   When we moved here we got rid of pretty much all of our "baby baby" stuff (anna was 18 months old) and so we were in need of all the gear once again.  I really didn't think it was necessary to buy all new stuff, since we are SURE this is our last ;), so we had a recycled shower.   People basically pulled things off of the list of items I needed and took them out of storage to give to me : )  They were incredibly generous, and I felt so loved and celebrated!  

Here are some pics of the fun day: 

There was a lot of loot!  THANK YOU!
 I LOVE these girls.  They are my hostesses, my TX wolfpack, my sisters, my friends. 
L-R Kelley, Misty, me, Betsy and Rachel
    



My fellow pregnant friends: Kelley and Stephanie (everyone thinks we are sisters!)

Some of my small group ladies from church.  Tina, Kelley and Amy (who also lives 2 streets over!)

My family here in TX!  Cousin Lynn, Second cousin once removed?!? Becki, and Aunt Jane

My fellow Nertz loving friend Katie who was introduced to me by my sorority sister Kristin who also lives here in Dallas.  (She had a GMAT class so couldn't make it)

Some of my MOPS friends: Christie (the photographer!) and Stephanie.

My bootcamp buddies!   (all already introduced : ) )

The cake Kelley made!  Isn't he so cute?!?  

As you can see I am MORE than ready to bring Baby W into the world!  Hopefully we will meet him/her in the next blog post : )

No comments: