Monday, September 27, 2010

Eli-isms






*His new go-to song (which is also made up....I think) is "1,2,3,4 Chicken and the butt."
*When I was pretending to rock him like a baby he said, "I'm not a baby".   I responded, "Oh, I forgot.  You're a man."   He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "NO!  I'm not a mailman."
*Ever since his first buzz cut his hair is growing back in as a natural mohawk.  It's awesome. (like he is)
*Driving along 44 hwy we smelled a skunk (which at first he thought were his feet).  I explained what a skunk was and what he does and...let's just say he plays skunk a lot more now. 
*He told Anna, "NO, sir!"  (wonder where he gets that from)
*I told him one night "Sweet Dreams!  Why don't you dream about rocks, spiders, and lollipops."  He looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "No mom.  I'm just going to sleep."
*When pulling up to Jack in the Box we explained where we were eating and he said, "Awww.  Who put Jack in the Box?"
*While at an air show he had to pee in a Porta Potty for the first time.   He thought it was awesome and said, "It's like I'm peeing in a cave!"  (no, he's never done that before...I don't think)
*When I told him we were going to the Galleria to shop (our local mall) he said, "I don't want to.  It makes my bottom hurt."  (Galleria and Diarrhea do sound similar....)
*As Todd pulled into our alley he yelled, "Mom!  Your honey's home!" 
*Todd was giving him a lecture on how he needed to look in our eyes when we give him directions instead of walking around in circles.   He responded "or squares.  I shouldn't walk in squares either." 
*We were driving by Todd's school (Washington University) and I pointed it out to him.   When we were done passing it he asked, "where's the playground?"  (good point)
*His cousin Jameson "wrote" him a letter and I said, "oh that was so sweet."  He said, "yeah, he's a good guy." 
*After going to a lake this past weekend and rinsing off in the shower, he has wanted to take showers.   This morning he yelled out, "Hey Mom and Anna, I'm in the shower if you need me!" 

1 comment:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Love him! He is so funny and yet doesn't know it! He can definitely pull off the "mohawk look"