Monday, September 20, 2010

Here are a few of my favorite things #4

#4: The Library.


In case y'all need to be reminded, I'm a cheapskate.   I THINK I get it honestly : )  I also love activities that are within my community, esp. ones that I can walk to!   If you don't already frequent your library, let me convince you of why you need to...

*You already pay for it, so you might as well use it.   (Through tax $)
*It's "free" (see above).
*If you tend to be a late person the late fees are minimal.  (I believe ours is 10 cents a book...I wouldn't know : )   )
*You can check out an obscene amount of books.   The limit at our library is 50.  (Again, I wouldn't know)
*Have a DVD you want to see?  Check it out at your library...for free.
*Have kids you need to entertain?  Most libraries have a kids areas with toys, puzzles and story times.  If yours is really awesome (like mine) they provide crafts and snacks too!
*Want to try out kids music to see which artist you won't poke your eyes out too?  You can check out CD's.
*Is your child interested in a certain subject (i.e. trains?) Most libraries have Activity Kits put together for you with books, CD's, and Dvd's picked out for you. 
*If you don't have time to wander the library, you can reserve things online.   i.e. If there is a great book, movie, CD you just heard about from a friend or Oprah no need to wait.  Just click on your libraries web site and reserve the book for when you can go and make a quick pick up.  

So what are you waiting for?  Check out your local library!   

3 comments:

Julie said...

And might I add that you can download CDs from the library onto your ipod!

Leah Warren said...

you can or you're allowed to? Hmmmmm.....They do have e-books that you can download for 1 year!

Julie said...

Not sure about "allowed to" but all I know is that I have the library to thank for my amazing collection of Beatles songs on the ol' ipod nano...